<< Over 1 Million Visitors - Thank you all for your visit ! >>
DJ0IP / G5BMH / NJ0IP
Richard (Rick) Westerman
I've been an active ham for over 50 years, and . . .
I'm no longer young enough to know everything!
. . . but I have lots of friends, and collectively we know quite a lot.
On my web site I will share with others what I have learned from my friends.
THE GOAL OF THIS SITE IS TO HELP OTHER HAMS
FIND PRACTICAL SOLUTIONS TO EVERYDAY PROBLEMS.
WHICH TRANSCEIVER? - WHICH ANTENNA? - ETC.
THIS IS NOT A TOP-TECHNOLOGY DISCUSSION SITE.
THIS IS A SITE OF PRACTICAL SOLUTIONS.
- Which Radio should you buy?
- We won't tell you which to buy, but we will tell you what
is important when you make your purchasing decision.
- Simple Antennas that work.
- that YOU can easily build yourself, at a low cost.
- Heavy focus on using fiberglass masts for antenna supports
- BALUNS BALUNS BALUNS
- IMO, no other area of technology is so vastly misunderstood as Baluns (and RF Chokes). The web is full of all kinds of misleading and/or wrong information on this topic.
- I am still learning and sharing what I have learned. A major part of my learning process is building and testing baluns in real antennas, NOT modeling or theorzing as most other "would be" experts seem to enjoy doing!
- Antenna Matchboxes (Antenna Tuners) ?
- Why are there so many different types? Which ones are good?
- Antenna Matchbox Shootout (The rubber hits the road HERE!)
- Updated 15-FEB-2013
- For Contesters and DXers:
RANDOM INFORMATION ABOUT DJ0IP
DARC, RSGB, ARRL
AGCW - Nr. 462
TEN-TEN - Nr. 6588
FISTS - Nr. 15894
R E C O M M E N D E D C O M P A N I E S
IMPORTANT: I DO NOT RECEIVE MONEY FOR THE ADS BELOW
I am showing these ads on my web site because the owners of each of these companies are friends of mine and I believe they each have GREAT PRODUCTS.
(BUT DO YOUR OWN DUE DILLIGENCE!)
Radios don't work without GOOD ANTENNAS:
Ham Radio's Oldest Company:
Germany's Source of Very Special Products:
My Favorite Radio Control Software:
The Best Rotor Control Interface:
In the UK:
For Toroids, Insulators, and wire: