This site is owned and managed by Rick Westerman, DJ0IP / NJ0IP / G5BMH
Of Practical Solutions
That even 'YOU' can Build
To help 'YOU' have a BIG SIGNAL
Without breaking your Piggy Bank
I've been an active ham for over 50 years.
I'm no longer young enough to know everything!
. . . but I have lots of friends, and collectively we know quite a lot.
On my web site I will share with others
what I have learned from my friends
and through my own experiece.
But "I", not my friends, am responsible for any mistakes on this web site!
THE GOAL OF THIS SITE IS TO HELP OTHER HAMS
FIND PRACTICAL SOLUTIONS TO EVERYDAY PROBLEMS.
WHICH TRANSCEIVER? - WHICH ANTENNA? - ETC.
THIS IS NOT A TOP-TECHNOLOGY DISCUSSION SITE.
THIS IS A SITE OF PRACTICAL SOLUTIONS.
- Which Radio should you buy?
- We won't tell you which to buy, but we will tell you what
is important when you make your purchasing decision.
I am privileged to host much of the important work that Rob Sherwood has done in researching transceiver performance. You will find this material under the section titled SHERWOOD FOREST .
- Simple Antennas that work.
- That YOU can easily build yourself, at a low cost.
- Heavy focus on wire antennas and baluns that you can build.
- Heavy focus on using fiberglass masts for antenna supports
- BALUNS BALUNS BALUNS
- IMO, no other area of technology is so vastly misunderstood as Baluns (and RF Chokes). The web is full of all kinds of misleading and/or wrong information on this topic.
- I am still learning and sharing what I have learned. A major part of my learning process is building and testing baluns in real antennas, NOT modeling or theorzing as most other "would be" experts seem to enjoy doing!
- Antenna Matchboxes (Antenna Tuners) ?
- Why are there so many different types? Which ones are good?
- Antenna Matchbox Shootout (The rubber hits the road HERE!)
- Updated 16-JUN-2015
- (New Update currently in progress)
- For Contesters and DXers:
- For Other Miscellaneous Informations and a bit of No-Nonsense:
RANDOM INFORMATION ABOUT DJ0IP
DARC, RSGB, ARRL
AGCW - Nr. 462
TEN-TEN - Nr. 6588
FISTS - Nr. 15894
R E C O M M E N D E D C O M P A N I E S
IMPORTANT: I DO NOT RECEIVE MONEY FOR THE ADS BELOW
I am showing these ads on my web site because the owners of each of these companies are friends of mine and I believe they each have GREAT PRODUCTS.
(BUT DO YOUR OWN DUE DILLIGENCE!)
Radios don't work without GOOD ANTENNAS:
Ham Radio's Oldest Company:
Germany's Source of Very Special Products:
My Favorite Radio Control Software:
The Best Rotor Control Interface:
In the UK:
For Toroids, Insulators, and wire: