About Me (personally):
I AM NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT.
I MAKE ZERO EFFORT TO BE.
POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS COWARDLY AND WRONG!
IF YOU PRACTICE POLITICAL CORRECTNESS
YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM!
“…I shall speak forth my sentiments freely and without reserve.… It is only in this way that we can hope to arrive at truth, and fulfill the great responsibility which we hold to God and our country. Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings.” - Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775
If you are offended by certain words you may find here, even though I have used them in their primary meaning as defined in the Webster or Oxford dictionary, then perhaps you should just GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.
* * * * * * *
People are always asking me if I am German or American.
- My friends say I'm American, with a cowboy accent when I speak German.
- My family says I'm more German than American, and swear I talk with a German accent.
- My close friends (who are German) say I am more German than a German.
- I am an AMERICAN, but . . . after a couple of beers, I am A BAVARIAN!
I was born in Oklahoma City USA, in the first half of the previous century.
Thus the term "Old Man" is a good fit.
I lived in:
- The US for 10 years (1948 to 1958)
- Germany for 3 years (1959 to 1962)
- The US for 10 years (1962 to 1972)
- Germany for 35 years (1972 to 2007)
- The US for 4 years (2007 to 2011)*
- Germany since April of 2011
*While living in the US, in 2008 I founded Spiderbeam-US, the North American
distributor for [German] Spiderbeam Antennas.
When I returned to Germany in 2011, I took over responsibility for running the German Spiderbeam Shop, as well as doing Tech Support.
I am currently the world-wide Technical Support Manager for Spiderbeam GmbH.
I run the Online Shop, mind the company's telephone, fax and Info-email, do sales support and tech suport - World Wide, and when I find time, I also help develop and test new antennas.
I am the President of the Main-Spessart chapter of the Deutscher Amateur Radio Club.
I guess I'm a Bavarian Cowboy:
DJ0IP / NJ0IP / G5BMH
BTW, my very first job was working 12 to 14 hours per day as a cowboy
in the Oklahoma City Stock Yards. That was 1966. That job, much more
so than my parents insistance, made me go to college and earn a degree!