CAUTION: I AM NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT. I MAKE ZERO EFFORT TO BE.
If you are offended by certain words you may find here, even though I have used them in their primary meaning as defined in the Webster or Oxford dictionary, then perhaps you should just GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.
People are always asking me if I am German or American.
- My friends say I'm American, with a cowboy accent when I speak German.
- My family says I'm more German than American, and swear I talk with a German accent.
- My close friends (who are German) say I am more German than a German.
- I am an AMERICAN, but . . . after a couple of beers, I am A BAVARIAN!
I was born in Oklahoma City USA, in the first half of the previous century.
Thus the term "Old Man" is a good fit.
I lived in:
- The US for 10 years (1948 to 1958)
- Germany for 3 years (1959 to 1962)
- The US for 10 years (1962 to 1972)
- Germany for 35 years (1972 to 2007)
- The US for 4 years (2007 to 2011)*
- Germany since April of 2011
*While in the US, I founded Spiderbeam-US, the North American
distributor for [German] Spiderbeam Antennas.
I guess I'm a Bavarian Cowboy:
DJ0IP / NJ0IP
BTW, my very first job was working 12 to 14 hours per day as a cowboy
in the Oklahoma City Stock Yards. That was 1966. That job, much more
so than my parents insistance, made me go to college and earn a degree!