Munich 2004 - 2006
First the Bad News:
- In 2002 my company went bankrupt and I lost my job.
Now the Good News:
- I finally found time to clean up my shack.
- I sold a bunch of rigs and bought a Ten-Tec Orion
- I found a bit more time to get on the air.
The MAIN Rig Here:
- Ten-Tec Orion
- Elecraft K2
- QRO Technologies HF-2000
- Sure 444 Mic
Old Accessories not seen in the "Chaos Years" Picture:
- Annecke T-Filter Matchbox
- KW Ezee Match Matchbox
- Grahn RX Antenna (Amplifier)
- BCC Preselector
- BCC Headphones Amp
- MFJ 20m QRP CW Transceiver
- Home-Brew Keyer with Time Sequence keying for the amp
"IT'S THE ANTENNA, STUPID!"
During these years I did not bother to put up a tower and beam. I was always going away for CQWW and when I was on the air from home, I was almost always on 40, 80, or 160m (in that order).
Antennas / Wires:
- 80m Dipole fed with 450 Ohm Openwire, matched with a BIG Annecke. Also used for 40m.
- Titanex VD-8010, Vertical Dipole (2x 6m), fed with 450 Ohm Openwire - used this on all bands, 80 thru 10.
- 20m Vertical Folded Dipole
During Winter Contest Season:
- 160m Inverted-L
- 40m Delta-Loop (mono-loop, vertically polarized)
- Vertical Double-Dipole for 15 & 10m