BASE ROTOR INSTALLATION
This page shows you how to mount a rotor to the base of a Spiderbeam Aluminum Mast, using a Spiderbeam Tripod (Quadpod) and Spiderbeam Rotor Base-Mount Set.
See also other pages on the LEFT:
Spiderbeam Rotor Base-Mount Set
Photo: Spiderbeam GmbH
Rotator Base-Mount Components :
RMA00020 4 Rotor Struts, Aluminium hollow profile, 25x10x2 mm
RMA00021 4 M8 x 35mm ISO 4017-A2 (DIN 933/Bolt for Rotor Strut)
RMA00022 4 M8 Nut (fits to RMA00021)
RMA00023 8 M8 Washer (8,4mm hole, DIN 9021 / fits to RMA00021)
RMA00024 4 M8 Bolt (4x for connecting to the rotor)
RMA00025 4 Lockwasher für M8, hole 8,4mm
Or the complete Set:
RMA00030 1 Rotor Strut Kit (packaged) (4xStruts/4xBolts/4xBolts w. 4x Nuts/12xWashers.) --> All of the components listed above.
All hardware is stainless steel.
The bottom segment of all Spiderbeam aluminum masts is too large to fit inside of any common rotor. Spiderbeam has produced a family of special rotor adapters for adapting any Spiderbeam mast to any common rotor.
- The top half of the rotor adapter is either 65mm (for 70mm mast segments) or 75mm (for 80mm mast segments).
- The bottom half is either 60mm (for large Yaesu Rotors), or 50mm for smaller Yaesu rotors (G450 and G650) and for all Hy-gain rotors.
Together, the Spiderbeam Aluminum Mast, Tripod, Rotor Adapter and Base-Mount Set provide users with a sturdy, lightweight, and easily transportable solution; perfect for Spiderbeam Yagi antennas as well as other lightweight HF and VHF antennas.
Photos: Spiderbeam GmbH
- YAESU: G450C*, G800
- HYGAIN**: HAM IV, HAM IV, T2X
*The maximum usable mast size is 2 inches (50mm)... Read the WARNING in the manual! This rotor is fine for temporary, portable use, but for permanent use, we recommend using a stronger rotor. A storm with strong winds can break this rotor.
**The maximum usable mast size is 2 inches (50mm).
- G450C: 80/50mm or 70/50mm (depending on size of mast bottom)
- G800C: 80/60mm, 80/50, 70/60mm or 70/50mm (depending on mast size)
- All HYGAIN: 80/50mm or 70/50mm (depending on size of mast bottom).