D.E. CONSTRUCTION TIPS:
1) DRIVEN ELEMENT FINAL LENGTHS:
If you just read and follow the instructions, step-by-step, it should be very clear how long the final length will be:
- Cut each wire to the specified cut length.
- Prepare the Twinlead Feedline (B+C).
- Insert the two Length A's into the Center Insulator.
- Insert the two ends into the End Insulators.
- Tie a knot near the end of the wire. The knot is:
- 15cm from the end on 20m
- 10cm from the end on all other bands.
- The knot reduces the length by about 2cm.
- THEREFORE each leg is now 2 cm shorter than the original specified Length A:
(NOTE: The 3-Band Spiderbeam has different lengths!)
We use the same scheme for all versions of the Spiderbeam Yagi. Therefore if you have any other version (i.e. 3-Band, Low Band, etc.), simply follow the same scenario: Cut-Length minus 2 cm.