GUY BELTS (for Spiderpoles)
Guy Belts are heavy duty cloth belts designed specifically for guying fiberglass poles without asserting excessive point-pressure on the pole at the guy point.
Each Spiderpole has its own Guy Belt Set, so be sure to order the correct guy belt set.
The guy belts are not interchangeable; that is, you should not use a 12m pole's guy belt on an 18m pole, becasue it will sit in the wrong position.
Installing the Guy Belt(s)
EXAMPLE: 12m Pole
Each Guy Belt must be mounted at its specific location. See "Guy Belt Positins" (below) for the exact positions of the guy belt(s) of each pole.
Guy belts ALWAYS mount at the bottom of their associated segment, resting just above the Clamp at the bottom of that segment.
The clamp serves a dual purpose. It prevents the upper segment from slipping down inside of the lower segment, and it also prevents the guy belt from slipping farther down the pole.
NOTE: When installing the 12m pole, secure the base (bottom segment) of the pole to whatever you have chosen to mount it to (e.g., fence post, tree, wooden stake, or angle iron). Remove the top rubber cap and pull the center segment part way out. Then slip the clamps for segments 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 over the top of the pole. Next, slip the guy belt over the top of the pole. Then slip segments 9, 10, 11, and 12 over the top of the pole. Raise the center section as far as you can, twist and lock it into position. Position clamp #12 at the bottom of segment #12, resting on the top of segment #11, and tighten it. do not over-tighten. It only needs to be snug. Use a similar procedure for the 18 and 26m poles.
Guy Belt Positions
Always mount the guy belts as described below:
- Guy Belt: at the bottom of segment 8, just above segment 7 - (approx. 7m height)
- Top Guy Belt: at the bottom of segment 9, just above segment 8 - (approx. 13m height)
- Bottom Guy Belt: at the bottom of segment 5, just above segment 4 - (approx. 9m height)
- Top Guy Belt: at
- Middle Guy Belt: at
- Bottom Guy Belt: at
- Top Guy Belt: at the bottom of segment 12, just above segment 11 - (approx. 19m height)
- Middle Guy Belt: at the bottom of segment 8, just above segment 7 - (approx. 12m height)
- Bottom Guy Belt: at the bottom of segment 5, just above segment 4 - (approx. 7m height)